RWE Renewables is looking to fill a position as Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager. The mission of Regulatory Affairs is to identify the risks and opportunities from policy & regulatory developments and to create, drive and deliver RWE Renewables positioning to conduct effective advocacy as well as proper regulatory risk management. The Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager will work closely together with other functions of RWE locally as well as globally with the Regulatory Affairs colleagues located in other markets.
- The core tasks are external stakeholder management and gathering regulatory market intelligence: Be a senior representative for renewable energy topics in Sweden, Denmark and Norway, engaging externally towards government & regulatory bodies, and in industry associations in coordination with Regulatory Affairs department and the Country Manager;
- Monitor regulatory / political developments and report to Europe Local Regulatory Affairs team and local business on key regulatory risks and opportunities for RWE in Sweden, Denmark and Norway, based on a wide range of reported sources and interactions with key stakeholders.
- Distill regulatory intelligence into key messages, summarize major new policies and political developments, and report back to internal stakeholders both verbally and in writing in clear, succinct language.
- Build up RWE positions on key regulatory topics in close cooperation with the rest of the Regulatory Affairs team and conduct active advocacy for those positions externally.
- Further develop existing RWE local networks with politicians and regulators relating to Nordic energy policy, renewable energy developments and the offshore and onshore wind energy sector in particular.
- Also actively construct new networks in both central and local levels of governmental bodies. Relationship management skills are key, as close working with our head office functions as well as compliance department is essential to keep RWE group protected from reputational impacts.
- Provide input and support during project identification and assessment by national and local authorities engagement.
- Anticipate potential risks due to market regulatory framework changes, media and public opinion for project development and potential acquisitions.
- Work constructively in a dynamic team environment to support the development of wind projects from inception to full commercial operation.
- Coordinate with any of RWE’s external regulatory advisor(s), and legal advisors, if necessary.
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required, e.g. at external advisors, developers, and/or local and national government departments and agencies.
- Degree in Economics / Politics / Law / Business or comparable required
- Stakeholder management experience with exposure to issues relevant to renewable energy development, construction and operations within the Swedish market; existing relevant network in the renewable market is a must have.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to persuade through consensus building.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills which enable effective internal collaboration.
- Strong ethical and morally consciousness along with relevant compliance management experience is essential for this role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, highly adaptable and used to working in multiple projects simultaneously with different deadlines.
- Acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense for diversity and inclusion; ability to building and maintain a contact network and business relationships.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Swedish and English is a must; Danish and Norwegian is a plus.
We are about 100 employees in Sweden with headquarters in Malmö. We are part of an energy group with high ambitions for renewable energy, and we are in the starting pits of our journey together with approximately 3,500 colleagues in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Pacific. In other words, there are good opportunities to develop further within the organization. In your role, you have great freedom to set up your work in the way that suits you. Our culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, openness and commitment. With us, you get a dynamic job where relationships, development and strategy will be an even bigger part of your everyday life.
This role is located in Malmö, which is our head office for the Nordic region, however, there will also be some travelling.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Carmen Neumann:
Contact with the union:
Unionen, Marius Chard Uscilo, +46 706289094